The following investments, which are the commune's tourist products, were implemented in the Muszyna commune in the years 2007-2020:
- Łopata Polska Recreation Center - the project concerned the construction of a recreation center, under which a new composition and space for recreation and relaxation appeared in communal and private areas in Łopata Polska and Żegiestów. The project carried out two main tasks by constructing two zones: zone I: the area designated for the outdoor gym equipment and zone II: the area intended for the playground. Works in this area were carried out by the company Cechini Żegiestów-Zdrój Główny Sp. z o. o - Project leader. Works on the walking route along with the lighting of the walking promenade (on the municipal road Żegiestów-Łopata) and the provincial road No. 971 (Krynica-Zdrój, Muszyna-Piwniczna) include the reconstruction and construction of lighting the walking route on the municipal road Żegiestów-Łopata and provincial road No. 971 (Krynica- Zdrój, Muszyna-Piwniczna) - new LED lighting. 6 places for rest were made on the created walking route on plot no. 166, 557/2, 396/2 and 402 (hardening the surface, installation of small architecture elements: park benches, litter bins. On plot no. 396/2, additional There were elements of play, installation of the so-called "green renewable energy bench", a summer gazebo was built. Works in this area were carried out by the City and the Health Resort Municipality of Muszyna - Project Partner. The aim of the project was to develop the tourist offer of Żegiestów and increase the tourist attractiveness of the border areas.
- Do not disappear - revitalization of Czarna Młaka - a unique natural monument in the country - with the opening of the pond for tourists. The overall objective of the project was to increase the attractiveness and competitiveness of the Małopolska Region based on the valuable natural heritage. This contributed to maintaining and increasing the efficiency of using Małopolska's natural resources, improving the conditions for increasing employment by using the endogenous potential of the region, increasing the competitiveness of Małopolska's spas and diversifying the ecotourism offer. The direct objective of the project was to protect Muszyna's biodiversity by stopping the disappearance of black grasslands and protection of habitats, species of plants and animals in the Poprad Landscape Park. This contributed to the inhibition of the decline in biodiversity in naturally valuable areas and allowed for the sustainable use of natural heritage resources. As a consequence, it allowed for the further development of the health resort's tourist and recreational functions based on its special natural values. This had a positive impact on building the image of the Małopolska Region as a region open to tourists and providing access to rich natural resources with respect and care for nature. The subject of the project were:
- improvement of biodiversity and the condition of habitats and species in the Czarna Młaka area;
- increasing the biodiversity and number of protected amphibians in the revitalized water reservoir and its vicinity;
- improvement of the living and reproductive conditions of amphibians;
- creating enclaves for orchids under special protection, excluded from tourist use;
- improvement of habitat conditions for valuable plant and animal species;
- construction of tourist and educational infrastructure for nature protection;
- support for forms of nature protection (including Natura 2000 sites);
- increasing the infrastructure for nature protection and promotion of naturally valuable areas;
- creating a new tourist and educational infrastructure;
- higher public awareness of the natural wealth of Muszyna and the need to protect habitats and species;
- promoting Muszyna as a place of active rest amidst its natural wealth;
- increasing the attractiveness of the health resort and, consequently, the number of tourists and patients visiting Muszyna and Małopolska.
- Construction of theme gardens in the Zapopradzie Park in the Muszyna Spa. The assumption of the project entitled "Construction of thematic gardens in the Zapopradzie Park in the Muszyna Spa" was the development of public space by building a Music Pavilion, creating walking paths and small architecture facilities to serve actively relaxing tourists in the spa park, meeting the expectations that are currently set for the spa's urban and spatial space and areas organized greenery. The implemented project was aimed at reviving the area and introducing new attractions and forms of spending time into the park. Elements of entertainment, recreation and education have been permanently introduced, as well as space for seasonal and occasional organization of various types of cultural and educational events and events. New spaces have been introduced in the area of the investment, which have so far been missing in the park and its surroundings (eg the Music Pavilion, a modern-style garden, a rock garden, a garden of fairy tales and legends). The entire park consists of individual zones-gardens, which are a separate element in themselves and together form a harmonious, well-thought-out and coherent whole. Such a well-thought-out composition is to serve the needs of people visiting Muszyna and its surroundings. The aim of the project was:
- perception of the Muszyna health resort as friendly to tourists and patients with disabilities, especially those in wheelchairs, and to families with young children,
- increasing the number of people visiting Muszyna,
- increasing the revenues of entities operating in the area of the Town and Health Resort Commune of Muszyna, whose offer is addressed to tourists and patients.
- Construction of a walking promenade along the stream in Żegiestów. The subject of the project was the construction of a promenade in Żegiestów, a village by the stream and the district road number 1517K in the direction of Szczawnik-Muszyna. This area was included in the local spatial development plan. As part of this project, the surface preparation was performed, along with the construction of the necessary electrical installations and the execution of the surface. In addition, a gazebo was made, the existing gazebo was renovated and the outdoor gym equipment was installed. The project was located in Żegiestów in the spa zone "C". The area covered by the project covers an area of approximately 1.16 ha. The adopted solutions (layout of paths, squares, etc.) bring out and emphasize the attractiveness of the place designated for the promenade, especially with regard to the presence of greenery and access to the stream. The project is friendly to a wide range of society of different age, leisure, recreation and physical activity needs. The aim of the project was:
- creating a new place for environmentally friendly active tourism with the use of natural terrain,
- development of the tourist offer in Żegiestów,
- increasing the tourist attractiveness of the border areas.
- Development of local resources of the Muszyna Health Resort by developing the space around the Grunwald, Milusia and Anna mineral water springs in Muszyna. The project assumed the revitalization of the area around the three mineral water springs in Muszyna. Development of the area around the Grunwald pump room included: preparatory works (removing the humus layer from the earthworks strip) and earthworks regarding shallow, medium and deep excavations for embankments in accordance with PN-S-02205 Roads, earthworks, requirements and tests; and execution of embankments, mechanically stabilized crushed aggregate foundation, paving stones. In addition, the construction of a recreational gazebo with a mineral water intake point and the installation of equipment for children, elements of small architecture and planting plants. The development of the space around the Ann spring included: installation of a forged, galvanized steel gazebo with a one-sided entrance, made of flat steel sheet topped with a dome, and renovation of the mineral water intake point . Development of the area of Pijalnia Milusia included: modernization of the area around the pump room by building paving stones, renovation of the surface of the pedestrian and driveway, assembly of small architectural elements, leveling the area, laying a lawn and planting plants. The aim of the project was:
- increasing the attractiveness of Muszyna,
- increasing and strengthening the offer of the Muszyna health resort with fully functional and safe points of drawing mineral water with accompanying infrastructure,
- the possibility of shaping pro-health attitudes among children and adolescents.
- Construction of a recreation and recreation area in the "Zapopradzie" Park. The project concerned the construction of a recreation and recreation area in the Zapopradzie Park in Muszyna. This action was a continuation of investments and works that were to organize the space in this area and restore it to its former functions, serving as a spa. The location of the investment is the left bank of the Poprad River, where the former "Zapopradzie" spa district is located. The aim of the project was:
- development of Zapopradzia and use of its natural values in order to create a new space (park) friendly for tourists and patients, including disabled people and families with young children,
- extending the offer of new tourist and spa infrastructure in Muszyna - introducing new services / products to the spa's offer,
- creating a new infrastructure in the spa and offering new tourist services / products.
- Muszyna, Kamenica, Lipany - strengthening cross-border cooperation in the field of cultural and natural heritage. The project was aimed at strengthening the cross-border partnership cooperation of Muszyna, Kamenica and Lipany in the field of joint protection, development and promotion of cultural and natural heritage. The completed tasks in the project are:
- reconstruction of the historic granary intended for the "Garncarza's House" with a garden and small architecture,
- marking the cross-border bicycle route from Muszyna to Lipany with information boards (13 boards) along with its extension on the Lipany - Kamenica route,
- adaptation of the office space at the Tourist Information Center in Lipany,
- renovation of the entrance gate to the castle in Kamenica along with archaeological research.
The results of the project are:
- improving the quality of the infrastructure of historic and tourist facilities (reconstruction of the "Garncarza's House" with a garden and small architecture in Muszyna and the entrance gate to the castle in Kamenica and conducting archaeological research) as part of the tourist and cultural trail,
- expansion and marking of the Muszyna - Kamenica - Lipany tourist bicycle route encourages cultural and natural, recreational and educational tourism,
- the establishment of the Tourist Information Center in Lipany provided better access to information about the border town's offer and the promotion of partner regions,
- increased interest in the tourist offer of the border area by tourists and visitors,
- improvement of the socio-economic situation of inhabitants by creating conditions for sustainable economic development - services and trade related to the local tradition and history of the regions, and more effective use of the borderland resources - cultural and natural heritage,
- increasing the integration of the local and international community,
- new, multi-area and long-term concepts of partnership cooperation.
- We discover the forgotten history and culture of the Polish-Slovak borderland. Despite the presence of Poland and Slovakia in the European Union and the following openness of borders, so close to Muszyna and Plaveč have not yet established cooperation on a level that would make the region more attractive for tourists, and these cities have a lot in common. The once existing strongholds at the beginning of the 14th century belonged to one owner, the Bishop of Kraków, Jan Muskata. Both of them have the preserved ruins of the fortress towering over the Poprad River, and extraordinary natural and cultural values. Despite so many similarities, there was a lack of ties and cooperation between these cities, which would not only allow tourists to stay for more than one day, but also show residents that despite language differences, they are part of one geographical and historical region and should work together towards its development. This foundation was the implementation of historical queries showing life in the present Polish-Slovak borderland, both in the context of great events and the fate of individuals. The research covered not only the period of the Middle Ages, the Hussite wars and partitions, but also the closest history, the witnesses of which are still alive, related to the period of World War II and later. The inquiry for the most recent times was supplemented by ethnographic research conducted in accordance with the latest trends in science, which resulted in a large number of new, forgotten or superseded histories and images. It should be remembered that the generation that remembers the war and post-war times is slowly leaving, so it was the last opportunity to save their memories. These activities were supplemented by archaeological research focused on the Muszyna settlement built during the reign of Jan Muskata, the so far unrecognized embankment closing access to Muszyna from the south, which was the most vulnerable from not always friendly neighbors. At the same time, the long-awaited conservation works combined with archaeological research were carried out at the castle in Plavč, which made it more interesting and safer for tourists. The information collected in the course of research has been published in a scientific and popular science form, so that it could constitute the basis for the creation of further interesting tourism projects and cultural events. The idea of the project was also to connect the inhabitants of the borderland, to show them a common, sometimes difficult, but often also touching history. The intention was that these activities would reach everyone - the elderly and young people, people with disabilities, children and adolescents by involving them in the process of getting to know and learning their shared history. Bearing in mind that the development of the region depends largely on tourism, attractions for tourists were also organized, combining fun and learning in an interesting way. The cooperation of researchers and border residents in learning about history served science, but also strengthening the bonds between people, regardless of any boundaries.
- We get to know the cultural and natural attractions of the borderland. The project was a response to the needs of the partner self-governments of Muszyna and Ľubotín, as well as the expectations of tourists and residents regarding public tourism services. Contemporary customers (tourists and residents) require ready-made solutions and information in the field of a given field of knowledge. The Polish-Slovak borderland is an area with rich natural and cultural values, but this potential has not been fully used. Despite the enormous opportunities that this region hides, the shortages in tourism development for safe travel (by bike, on foot), rest and recreation in the surroundings of nature, as well as the deficiencies in tourist information elements and insufficient activities promoting natural, cultural and active recreation values, inhibit economic and social development of this area. Many people visit the area of the municipalities of Muszyna and Ľubotín, but are only passing through there and spend one day. All these aspects significantly hinder the natural development of the region. The initiative of the project partners in the implementation of a joint project made it possible to increase the efficiency of using the resources of the cultural and natural heritage of the Polish-Slovak borderland, constituting the foundation of the regional identity, positively influencing social and economic development. The use of the existing natural values positively influences the greater interest in this area in terms of various forms of active recreation, cycling and walking trips. The gazebos created in Ľubotín on the existing trail are a convenient place to relax on the hiking and biking routes, and at the same time serve as information functions, with natural information and curiosities on the boards. The organization of joint sports events, recreational rallies, competitions, competitions for children and families showed how to use the potential of Muszyna and Ľubotín municipalities. The creation of tourist information in Muszyna complements the tourist information system in the use and promotion of attractions and values of the borderland. Thanks to the created website containing information with news in Polish, Slovak and English, it is possible to reach a wider audience with the tourist offer. As part of the project, promotional activities were carried out to consolidate in the minds of potential recipients information about the possibility of using a wide range of attractions in the borderland. For this purpose, promotional materials were published and events promoting active recreation were organized. The joint activities undertaken by the partners allowed for better mutual getting to know each other, establishing contacts, and created organizational and personal opportunities for permanent further cross-border cooperation. The activities carried out under the project will continue after its completion - the website will be maintained and updated, sports and recreational events will become a permanent fixture in the partners' event calendar.
- Construction of a swimming pool complex in Muszyna as a supplement to the comprehensive tourist and recreational offer of the Health Resort in order to increase tourist traffic. The overall objective of the project was to develop products and the tourist offer of Muszyna and to build the image of the Health Resort and the whole Małopolska as an attractive tourist area with a comprehensive offer that stands out on a national scale, combining the following values: landscape (Poprad Landscape Park), natural (waters, minerals, climate), cultural ( numerous monuments) and geographical (mountains). The consequence of the increased attractiveness of Muszyna as a place of great tourist value is the further development of the Health Resort, strengthening the competitive position of Muszyna among other Polish and European spas, as a result of which the rank and reputation of Małopolska as a region with a special tourist potential. The direct goal of the project was to increase tourist traffic in Muszyna by completing the development of public space in Zapopradz in accordance with the tourist and recreational function by building a complex of swimming pools with the development of their surroundings.
- Comprehensive development of public space in the center of the Złockie village in the Muszyna commune in accordance with the tourist and spa function. The aim of the project was to raise the civilization level of the rural area of the Muszyna commune by taking sustainable actions related to the renovation and development of the center of the Złockie village, the effect of which is to be - through comprehensive land development - ordering the public space and giving it new functions in line with the desired directions of the town development. The implementation of the general objective will contribute to the implementation of the overarching objective, which is the development of infrastructure serving to strengthen the basic functions of the village, i.e. the development of tourist and spa services, and, consequently, an increase in the level and quality of life of the inhabitants of the Złockie village. The increase in the quality of life of the inhabitants will be achieved both thanks to the improvement of the public space itself and the economic activation resulting from additional investments in the space serving the development of the tourist and spa function of the village.
- Marking of historic churches in the Muszyna commune in Jastrzębik, Powroźnik and Wojkowa, by installing boards and publishing folders.
Moreover, it is desirable to increase the spa and tourist attractiveness of Muszyna in order to develop a competitive advantage and create an image of the city and commune desired by tourists and patients. The next step towards the health resort's development is to define the key areas of intervention and operational goals enabling the implementation of the strategic goal. The catalog of operational goals necessary to achieve the strategic goal under the Health Resort Development Plan is as follows:
Tourism and recreation area:
- Investments related to the modernization and expansion of tourist and recreational infrastructure.
- Integrated and complementary promotion of the tourist - recreational and spa offer by the local government, economic self-government and market participants.
- Educating the staff of the tourist market in Muszyna and its vicinity.
- Establishing historic buildings attractive from the point of view of tourists (e.g. revitalization and exhibition).
- Investments in tourist-related infrastructure (e.g. cafes) to make the region more attractive.
Spa treatment area:
- Investments related to the modernization and extension of the spa infrastructure.
- Providing conditions for a proper spa treatment process.
- Intensification of promotional activities on the spa offer of Muszyna.
- Expansion, modernization of the existing infrastructure and implementation of new attractions.
Moreover, in the commune there is a need to create a gondola lift to Mount Malnik, which will allow the use of its tourist potential. In order to increase the tourist attractiveness of the commune, it is particularly important to find new tourist products, which have been used so far in there was no neighborhood or, due to the great interest of tourists, they were insufficient. Examples of such infrastructure include a cableway, a water park, indoor swimming pools, and observation towers. The scope of the planned tourist and tourism-related services is the transport of tourists to Mount Malnik, from where they can continue to follow the designated tourist route. It is also planned to build an observation tower on Mount Malnik, which will be an additional tourist attraction. The construction of the cable car assumes the construction of the upper station of the cable car in the vicinity of the Malnik mountain peak. The yellow tourist trail runs through the top of the mountain, making it possible to get to know the Leluchowskie Mountains. In conjunction with the blue tourist trail, it allows you to reach the nature monument "Staw Czarna Młaki". For this reason, it is assumed that the transport of tourists to Mount Malnik will increase the tourist traffic to the above-mentioned places.
For this purpose, it is reasonable to use the potential of the location of the upper cable car station by building the infrastructure of tourist services, such as:
- a place to rest for tourists,
- cafe with sanitary facilities,
- Observation Tower.
The location of the lower station of the cable car is in the Zapopradzie district in Muszyna. This area is developed with a number of elements of the tourist traffic service infrastructure, incl. sensory gardens, a recreation and relaxation area on the Poprad river, swimming pools with a rope park, an ice rink / tennis court, a playground. The implementation of the investment will contribute to the development or diversification of the tourist offer based on the use of the internal potentials of the region. It is also necessary to increase the number of parking spaces.
A study on the implementation of a tourist and sightseeing cableway has been prepared. The document describes the analysis of two concepts (A and B) differing in the location of the line route between the lower and upper station. The final choice of the variant will require arrangements
with property owners through which the gondola will run, i.e. across the Poprad river, across the railway line, plots of private individuals. The construction of the gondola lift is in line with the complementarity of the existing investments of the local government and the commune of the Muszyna Health Resort in the tourist and recreational sphere. The investment will undoubtedly contribute to increasing the attractiveness of the commune, thus increasing the number of tourists. At the same time, it will increase the interest in renting accommodation or using the services of the catering industry. It will also increase the popularity of tourist routes in the Muszyna commune. The study of the cableway investment project assumes that the railway line would run from the areas on the left bank of the Poprad River, above the river, the railway line, the road and between buildings in the central part of the city near the top of Mount Malnik.
The Muszyna commune is an attractive place for tourists, full of attractions and monuments, with a rich program of outdoor events and a good accommodation base. Monuments such as: ten churches, including one entered on the UNESCO list, castle ruins, baroque church, museum, Jewish cemetery, historic burgher houses, reconstruction of the sixteenth-century town hall cellars, a number of hiking trails will help to promote the project. The promotion of the project will be used, inter alia, themed gardens in Zapopradzie Park, recreation and recreation area in Zapopradzie Park, public skating rink in Muszyna, landscaped spaces around the Grunwald, Anna and Milusia mineral water springs, "Garncarza's House" with a garden and small architecture, Starosts Manor, regional museum, black pond Młaka, the revitalized center of Muszyna, biblical gardens, the city park "Baszta", bicycle paths "Aqua Velo", "Euro velo 11", "Pętla Muszyńska".
MiGU Muszyna has not yet completed the project due to the necessity to implement it
in recent years, a number of other overarching investments aimed at increasing the tourist attractiveness of the commune. It was not without significance to find sources of investment financing, e.g. from operational programs or cross-border cooperation programs. In the opinion of the self-government authorities of MiGU Muszyna, it would be advisable to use, in terms of water and sports infrastructure, what distinguishes the region in a special way, namely mineral waters that could be used for water baths.
Another planned project is the extension of the swimming pool in Zapoprad. Modernization and expansion of the existing Zapoprada water sports center towards an aquapark. The facility is well known and frequented by local and local residents. It would be the only water park in the Nowy Sącz region. The Slovaks would also be a group of potential recipients due to the location of Muszyna on the border with Slovakia.
The barriers limiting the implementation of the planned project include the lack of financing from the Commune's budget. After the swimming pool facilities were built, in 2010, the project durability for the next 5 years was a significant barrier to their expansion. It was dictated by the fact that the investment was co-financed from European funds under the MROP operational program for 2007-2013. After the expiry of the durability period, the local government of MiGU Muszyna considered the possibility of expanding the swimming pools, but due to other investments in progress, financial issues turned out to be a barrier.